COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test
RAPIDTECH test enables to detect SARS-CoV-2 within 15 minutes, the virus that causes the disease of COVID-19
Principle of the test
This rapid test is used for the qualitative in vitro detection of SARS-CoV-2 antigen through human nasal, nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal swabs. A quick diagnosis will allow medical staff to treat patients and to control the pandemic more effectively and expediently.
This device is an immunochromatography-based application. The colored strips reveal the presence of the antigen.
The antigen is generally detectable in samples of upper respiratory tracts when the acute stage of infection is present. The antigen is detectable during the first symptoms or 3 to 7 days after a contact with a sick person.
Easy use: simple process, no specific equipment required
Quick reaction: results within 15 min
Diagnosis tool: Immediate identification of contaminated patients
* Compared to PCR tests
Sensitivity: 94 % – Analysis of the coincidence rates between this rapid test and a PCR test used as a reference method out of 1300 tests
Specificity: 99 % – Tests carried out on other diseases
The performance values are in line with the recommendations of Haute Autorité de Santé (HAS – link)
Quality: EC certification and ISO 13485 production
RAPIDTECH tests for the detection of COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) are available in a kit of 20 tests.
Contents: 20 test cassettes, 20 sterile swabs, 20 collection tubes, 2 extraction buffers and 1 insert.
For more information, please contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions of use
Step 1 : sample collection
Method A : nasopharyngeal swab
Method B : oropharyngeal swab
- Hold the swab with the right hand while maintaining firmly the patient head with the left hand (and the other way for left-handed people). Introduce slowly and gently the swab towards the bottom of the nasal cavity. Do not put too much strength in order to avoid traumatic haemorrhage.
- When the end of the swab does reach the back of the pharyngonasal cavity, leave the swab around 3 seconds. Then gently rotate one turn and withdraw slowly the swab.
- Nasal option: Same procedure at the back of each nostril.
- The head of the patient is slightly tilted with the mouth widely opened, exposing the pharyngeal tonsils on both sides.
- Wipe first the swab on the root of the tongue.
- Wipe the pharyngeal tonsils on both sides, from back to front, with little strength, at least 3 times.
- Finally, wipe from top to bottom the backside of the pharyngeal wall also 3 times minimum.
Step 2 : Samples preparation
- Add 500 µL (approximately 20 drops) of the buffer until the mark 0.5 of the collection tube.
- Dip the swab with the samples in the solution. Make sure that the solution fully soaks the swab then swing and press the swab 10 times.
- Remove the swab and keep the solution inside the collection tube.
Step 3 : Testing process and results interpretation
- Add 2 to 3 drops of the solution into the well
- Read the results within 15 minutes.